The Fresh Pick: Grapes and Back-to-School Sampling Events – August 5-6 from 2-6 p.m. each day
The Fresh Market will celebrate the sweetness of grapes picked at their peak with “The Fresh Pick: Grapes” sampling event on August 5-6. Guests will have the chance to enjoy several varieties of grapes, delivered straight from the vine to the specialty grocer’s produce department, including green, black and red-flame seedless grapes as well as cotton candy grapes, distinctive for their namesake flavor. To gear up for the return of school lunches, The Fresh Market will also offer nostalgic samples of fresh-ground nut butters on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, as well as ants on a log, a beloved child (and adult!) snack, featuring nut butter on crisp celery sticks topped with raisins. True to its commitment to offer the freshest and most delicious food, The Fresh Market will highlight top seasonal selections during select weekends in the month of August!
Sampling stations in each department will offer guests the freshest tastes:
- Savor samples of The Fresh Pick: Grapes in the produce department, featuring several fresh-off-the-vine grape varieties, including green, black and red-flame seedless grapes as well as cotton candy grapes
- Sample Waldorf chicken salad and fresh grape salsa with goat cheese, served on French rounds in the deli department
- Taste mouth-watering peanut butter and grape jelly cupcakes and enjoy a station for delicious cupcake decorating in the bakery department
- Experience a cooking station in the meat department with samples of Italian sausages simmered to caramelized perfection with red seedless grapes and balsamic vinegar
- Enjoy assorted candies and coffee by the cup in a variety of flavors, including breakfast blend and orange whole bean
- Gear up for back-to-school season with samples of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with fresh ground nut butters, as well as ants on a log (celery, nut butter, raisins)
- Taste a guilt free yogurt-protein dip paired with grapes in the Mind & Body department at select stores
Hatch Chile and Shrimp Sampling Events – August 19-20 from 2-6 p.m. each day
They’re back! Hailing from the small village of Hatch Valley in New Mexico, hatch chile peppers have made waves among culinary experts and at-home chefs seeking fire and flavor. Deemed some of “the best chile peppers in the world” by The New York Times, these green chiles pack a punch and can only be harvested during late summer. To celebrate these flavorful peppers at their peak, The Fresh Market will offer several samples of hatch chile-inspired recipes in sampling stations across the store and a hatch chile roasting event in select stores during the weekend of August 19-20. Other sampling event highlights during the weekend include fresh-caught shrimp steamers to herald the tastes of the coast.
Sampling Stations across the store will savor the flavors of the season:
- Experience outdoor hatch chile roasting in select stores; participating stores vary by location
- Enjoy fresh shrimp with broccoli from steamer bags at cooking stations in the seafood department
- Sample a variety of hatch chile snacks in the deli department, including southwest dip made fresh in-store with hatch chile peppers and served on French rounds from the bakery, seasonal hatch cheddar popcorn and Salem Baking hatch chocolate chip cookies
- Sip on varieties of coffee by the cup, including The Fresh Market’s blend, decaf French vanilla blend and sumatra, while nibbling on spicy Sriracha snack mix and Lindt Excellence dark chocolate Chile bars throughout the store
- Savor hatch chile cornbread that is bursting with spicy tang from the bakery department
Guests may visit thefreshmarket.com for more information and event updates.